Jalandhar Bus TimingsPunjab Roadways came into being in the year 1948 with a fleet of 13 buses, which rose gradually to its highest strength of 2407 buses in the year 1985. The primary objective of Punjab Roadways is to provide an economical, reliable and comfortable transport service in the state of Punjab with connecting service to adjoining states. Punjab Roadways is also providing free/concessional travel to the deserving categories identified by the Punjab Government. Punjab Roadways is also operating and monitoring the Bus Stands of Punjab.
Punjab Roadways has 18 depots viz Chandigarh, Roopnagar, Ludhiana, Moga, Jagraon, Nangal, Jalandhar-1, Jalandhar-2, Nawanshehar, Batala, Pathankot, Hoshiarpur, Amritsar-1, Amritsar-2, Taran Taaran, Patti, Ferozepur and Mukatsar.
Punjab Rodways VisionThe vision of Punjab Roadways and PUNBUS buses is to provide a reliable, efficient and economical means of Passenger transport to the common man of Punjab. Punjab Roadways & Punbus will act as a socio commercial department with the objective of providing the highest revenues possible along with the objective of providing bus service at concessional rates or free of charge to some special need worthy categories of passengers and providing bus service to certain commercially non viable areas where there are very few other means of transport.
Mission of Punjab Roadways/ PUNBUSThe mission of Punjab Roadways/PUNBUS is to:
- To provide International Bus Service on Amritsar-Lahore-Amritsar and Amritsar-Nankana Sahib-Amritsar route.
- Provide stage carriage transport to people of Punjab, which is affordable, reliable, safe and responsive to the needs of the people.
- Provide concessional travel to certain categories of society like students, old women, police personnels, cancer patients, journalists, ex-MLA’s, freedom fighters etc.
- To provide employment opportunities to the people of Punjab and to act as the model employer for the unorganized transport sector.
- To operate and maintain the important bus stands of Punjab in its operational jurisdiction.
- Provide bus services during special needs of the state and the country like emergencies, rallies etc.
As on 31.3.2006
|S.No.||Depot Name||Actual Operating||R.C. Deposite||K.M. Scheme||PUNBUS Buses||Total Buses||Allotted KM's|
|13||Amritsar - 1||22||0||14||22||58||30097|
|14||Amritsar - 2||30||0||10||15||55||29935|